Butfields Welding, is a steel fabrication and precision welding detail metal fabrication shop in Minto, Sydney N.S.W. The founder, Glen Butfield, is one of the most know steel welders in the industry with over 40 years experience.
Today, Butfields Welding has a comprehensive range of machinery to assist skilled tradesmen to roll, fold, shape, weld and finish high-end projects, our detailed sheet-metal fabrication workshop is able to provide innovative sheet metal solutions by manufacturing items, products and equipment that customers have trouble sourcing or getting designed and manufactured.
- Purpose built products as listed above
- One off jobs
- Metal proto-typing
- Emergency break down services
- Repair and restore damaged parts
- Onsite work
Materials in use
Stainless Steel, Mild Steel, Galvanized Sheet, Aluminium, Zinc Annealed Steel, Structural Steel BHP sections, Perforated Steel, Woven and Wire Mesh, Expanded Mesh, Bisalloy, Zinc, Titanium Zinc, Copper, Brass, Plastic, Cast Iron, Incoly, Manganese Steel and more.
Cover every aspect of sheet metal fabrication including cutting, folding, notching, pressing, perforating, guillotining, punching, TIG, MIG and Oxy welding, bending, forming, rolling, corrugating, lock seaming, cropping, drilling and painting are all done at Butfield Welding.
CNC Press Brake
- 80 tonne Pressing
- 3 metre bending length
- 2500 metre between frames
- 200mm = Stroke
- 300mm = Gap inside frames
- Kinetic High Definition CNC Plasma Cutting Machine
- 6m x 2.5 bed
- cuts up to 32mm plate thickness
- drilling & engraving capability
Automatic Internal Welding Machine
- Hole welding 25 to 500mm diameter holes
- Automatic welding of internal and external diameters
- Eliminates the need for bushes
- Automatic continuous production welding
- Minimum diameter – 30mm
- Maximum diameter – 500mm
- Vertical travel – increments of 125mm
- Torch Head Advance – 3mm per rev.
Cincinnati Guillotine with digital back stops
- capable of cutting 6.0mm thickness x 3 metre sheets
Welding machinesfor MIG, TIG, Oxy and Spot Welding processes
- capable of a 300mm notch.
- Rolling machines – for bar and sheet – for cones cylinders and tubes
- up to 3mm thick x 2.44m long
- Seaming and lock forming equipment
- Cropping machine for bar & angle
- Pipe and tube bending – hydraulic and mechanical
- Cold sawing, punch presses, bar bender, pan brakes and a host of other allied equipment and accessories.
- Multiple welding bays with fume extraction
- Large piped compressed air facility
- Semi-trailer access
Overhead traveling Cranes
- 2 tonne
- 3 tonne with 6.4 meters under the hook
- all lifting equipment is certified and inspected
- Overhead Yard crane
- 2 tonne
- Large hard standing area
- Gas yard with various gases piped throughout factory to work welding bays
- welding fume extraction system throughout factory
- Spray booth
- with fume extraction
- 4m wide x 6m deep x 2.5m high
- Range of steel stock
- 1 tonne pick-up & delivery vehicles
- 2.5 t container packing Komatsu Forklift
- Sales Engineers with utes on the road,
- readily available for Customer Service
- Modern offices and conference facilities
- Visa and Master Card accepted
Click here to see Sheetmetal Photo Gallery to view a few examples of Products and Services provided by our Sheetmetal Shop.
Why Choose Butfield Welding Sheet Metal Fabrication?
- Fast turnaround times
- Quality in workmanship
- Excellent customer service
- Years of Experience and Expertise
- Versatility in services and products